备案号:88888888-20240226

Yayoi Kusama I Want Your Tears to Flow with the Words I Wrote

思念 LV10
正文
发布时间:2021-09-08

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
  2009年,草间弥生(Yayoi Kusama)开始了一系列绘画作品,这些作品在她十多年的创作生涯中成为不可或缺的、持续不断的一部分。这组名为《我永恒的灵魂》的丙烯绘画作品构成了她最近在维多利亚·米罗画廊举办画展的基础,展览名为《 I Want Your Tears to Flow with the Words I Wrote》
  In 2009, Yayoi Kusama began a series of paintings that would form an essential, and ongoing, part of her practice for over a decade. Entitled My Eternal Soul, this collection of acrylic paintings forms the basis of her latest exhibition at the Victoria Miro gallery: I Want Your Tears to Flow with the Words I Wrote.
DSC0000.jpg

这代表了草间弥生的痴迷。主题和材料从“我永恒的灵魂”开始,每幅画都是原始而超然的,在旋转的宇宙布局中充满了色彩、虫洞、面孔和细胞,这个系列在进化中循环,在草间的画笔下无限循环。这些油画构建一个同时存在的世界,在那里时间和颜色同时存在。雕塑就像从2D宇宙中逃离出来的人,用它们的形状刺穿了画廊空间。
  This representative slice of Kusama’s obsessions, motifs and materials begins with new works from the My Eternal Soul project, each painting primitive and transcendent, alive with colours in swirling cosmic arrangements. Bustling with wormholes, faces and cellular topographies, this series cycles through evolution and loops infinitely back with the confident stroke of Kusama’s brush. The canvases are displayed together in panels to construct a world of simultaneity, where times and colours exist at once and together. The soft sculptures accompanying these paintings appear as escapees from this 2D universe, puncturing the gallery space with their horned shapes and tribal markings.
DSC0001.jpg

DSC0002.jpg

DSC0003.jpg

展览二层的软雕塑《I Who Was awstruck at The Shape of The Secret I Found in The Cosmos, 2021》继续草间弥生对微观和宏观的研究。壁挂雕塑展示了胎儿形状,一个肉质的挤压的框架以棉花填充。草间弥生模仿了人体内脏,这些特性在我们看来是不可思议的,被重新定义为一个无限大的构造。
  The soft sculpture on the upper floor of the exhibition, I Who Was Awestruck at the Shape of the Secret I Found in the Cosmos, 2021, continues Kusama’s occupation with micro and macrocosmic relationships. This wall-mounted sculpture presents foetal shapes of stuffed cotton, straining against the frame in a fleshy jostle for life. Kusama’s use of organic shapes and visceral pinks mimic qualities of the human body, which are presented back to us swollen and uncanny, reframed as insight into an infinitely larger structure.
DSC0004.jpg

DSC0005.jpg

随着展览的规模从宇宙视角转向草间弥生著名的南瓜,它继续探索艺术家对跨维度波点的痴迷。青铜雕塑(所有南瓜,2021年)上布满了点,它们的形状扭曲,仿佛在寻找光,这种迷幻的模式在infinite - dots (LKKJU)中得到了充分的探索,2021年,不规则的波点交替填满画布,创造出一种洞穴般的深度感,最后以一个越来越小的圆圈渐渐消失。
  As the show shifts in scale from cosmic insight to Kusama’s celebrated pumpkins, it continues to explore the artist’s obsession with polka dots across dimensions. Where her patinated bronze sculptures (all Pumpkin, 2021) are pocked with dots, their form twisted as though seeking out light, the psychedelic potential of this pattern is fully explored in INFINITY-DOTS (LKKJU), 2021. Here, irregular slithers of polka dots in alternating gradients of size fill the canvas, creating a cavernous sense of depth that disappears into a vanishing point of increasingly tiny circles.
DSC0006.jpg

DSC0007.jpg

草间弥生的作品《(Phantom polka dots of Fate, doomed by Heaven, Were the Greatest Gift for Me, 2021》中重复出现。 并激发了她的大部分艺术实践。装置放置在细长的金属腿之上,盒子中有发光的圆点触须。在有限的空间内伸展和扭曲形成无限,这些形式和它们密不可分的模式呼应了展览无限的主题。草间弥生解释说:“当我们用圆点抹去自然和我们的身体时,我们就成为了环境的一部分。”
Kusama’s signature polka dots repeat, too, across her installation Phantom Polka Dots of Fate, Ordained by Heaven, Were the Greatest Gift Ever for Me, 2021. In this piece, Kusama praises the hallucinatory dots that filled her field of vision as a child, and inspired much of her artistic practice. This installation is formed by a chamber raised on spindly metal legs, containing glowing polka-dot tentacles that are duplicated by mirrored panels. Stretching and twisting into infinity within a finite space, these forms and their inseparable patterns echo the exhibition’s themes of repetition and boundlessness. “When we obliterate nature and our bodies with polka dots, we become part of the unity of our environments”, Kusama explains.
DSC0008.jpg

《我要你的眼泪随我所写的文字而流》不是一个概念上或时间上的旅程,而是草间生动宇宙的延续,它邀请我们参与她的超然实践。

I Want Your Tears to Flow with the Words I Wrote is not a conceptual or chronological journey, but a continuation of Kusama’s lively universe, which invites us to partake in her transcendent practice.

回复

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

快速回复
  • 834544123 在线客服

• 周一至周五:9:00-21:00

周末及节日:9:00-18:00

• QQ&微信:
    QQ群:
返回列表